Saturday, December 08, 2007

Got indexed in Google

So I was able to get the site indexed with google. Not a big deal, just submitted a sitemap to google using their "webmaster tools". All you need to do is have an account with them, sign in, and you will see it. It was about 24 h after I submitted it that the site was indexed. Odd thing though, the first indexing only included the third article I wrote (I wrote 4 articles, each on a separate, static page) and the sitemap itself. Yesterday, only the index page showed up. Now, the index page and the 3rd are showing. Mmm. This is an extremely small site at the moment so I don't understand why only 2 pages stuck. My understanding is that it's the really large sites that have problems getting fully indexed. Mmmmm. I suppose I could try uploading another sitemap. Whatever. Time for more social bookmarking! CHARGE!!

No comments: