Saturday, December 01, 2007

Uhh, slow going

So I've been at this for a few days. Uhh, slow going. The spiders have yet to find my Finepix f50fd site. As you can see, I haven't made too many posts here. I've mainly been putting stuff on my wordpress blog. Mainly because that one is a bit older and the spiders know it exists. Although it seems to only be the Google spiders for some reason. I guess I'm going to have to look up how to get Yahoo and MSN to pay attention. Does any care about Ask.com? I don't know about that one. Ya they've done some commercials on the old boob-tube, but I see that one flailing around, maybe going down for the count. But they do have a good concept going (the whole integrating everything one the web into one search result). Buut with the big hitters moving in that direction already, I think they are going to have a tough time sticking it out. Ah, what do I know.

What I do know is that it is a royal pain in the posterior making SEO pages by hand, uhhh. I told myself in the beginning I was going to do everything by hand, but this is shear torture. I think I'm going to look into one of those content creation scripts. RSSGM is one, people seem to like it. Just one more thing to learn though, joy. On a more interesting note, there seem to be some tools coming on-line that will generate original content every time. No more stealing someone else's stuff (although I would never do that - 1) I like being able to look at myself in the mirror and 2) After making content on my own, I know how much time and effort is put into it... just can't do it) or spinning your own content. These new tools work off of a database of words and use syntax rules for making almost (or seemingly almost) coherent sentences. The product reads like something translated into English using a bad translation program. Just give the program a list of keywords you want it to include along with the frequency and presto-chango, you can have hundreds of genuinely unique content packed with words (or more specifically people) you are trying to target. Unfortunately, the only tool that I am specifically aware of at the moment is a paid service, uhh. I suppose not an issue if you are a full-time pirate racking in the cash, but I'm a small fry and want to try doing this stuff with free resources at first. Perhaps if I get around to learning PHP, I'll just make the tools myself. I guess that's it for now.

No comments: